Meaning of army
Pronunciation: (är'mē), [key]
— pl. -mies.
- the military forces of a nation, exclusive of the navy and in some countries the air force.
- (in large military land forces) a unit consisting typically of two or more corps and a headquarters.
- a large body of persons trained and armed for war.
- any body of persons organized for any purpose: an army of census takers.
- a very large number or group of something; a great multitude; a host: the army of the unemployed.
- army (Thesaurus)