WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. army, regular army, ground forces, military service, armed service, service
- usage: a permanent organization of the military land forces of a nation or state
- 2. army, crowd
- usage: a large number of people united for some specific purpose
- 3. United States Army, US Army, U. S. Army, Army, USA, agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority
- usage: the army of the United States of America; the agency that organizes and trains soldiers for land warfare
All rights reserved.
See also: army (Dictionary)