Meaning of appear
Pronunciation: (u-pēr'), [key]
- to come into sight; become visible: A man suddenly appeared in the doorway.
- to have the appearance of being; seem; look: to appear wise.
- to be obvious or easily perceived; be clear or made clear by evidence: It appears to me that you are right.
- to come or be placed before the public; be published: Her biography appeared last year.
- to perform publicly, as in a play, dance, etc.: He appeared as the king in the play.
- to attend or be present, esp. to arrive late or stay but a short time: He appeared at the party but left quickly.
- to come into being; be created, invented, or developed: Speech appears in the child's first or second year.
- to come formally, esp. as a party or counsel, to a proceeding before a tribunal, authority, etc.
- appear (Thesaurus)