Meaning of amplification
Pronunciation: (am"plu-fi-kā'shun), [key]
- the act of amplifying or the state of being amplified.
- expansion of a statement, narrative, etc., as for rhetorical purposes: In the revision, the story underwent considerable amplification.
- a statement, narrative, etc., so expanded: The text of the second edition was an amplification.
- the matter or substance used to expand an idea, statement, or the like: He added an extra paragraph to his speech as an amplification.
- increase in the strength of current, voltage, or power.
- amplification (Thesaurus)