WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. amplification, elaboration, expansion, expanding upon
- usage: addition of extra material or illustration or clarifying detail; "a few remarks added in amplification and defense"; "an elaboration of the sketch followed"
- 2. amplification, gain, increase, increment
- usage: the amount of increase in signal power or voltage or current expressed as the ratio of output to input
- 3. amplification, increase, step-up
- usage: (electronics) the act of increasing voltage or power or current
All rights reserved.
See also: amplification (Dictionary)