Meaning of align
Pronunciation: (u-līn'), [key]
- to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
- to bring into a line or alignment.
- to bring into cooperation or agreement with a particular group, party, cause, etc.: He aligned himself with the liberals.
- to adjust (two or more components of an electronic circuit) to improve the response over a frequency band, as to align the tuned circuits of a radio receiver for proper tracking throughout its frequency range, or a television receiver for appropriate wide-band responses.
- to fall or come into line; be in line.
- to join with others in a cause.
- align (Thesaurus)