Meaning of agency
Pronunciation: (ā'jun-sē), [key]
— pl. -cies.
- an organization, company, or bureau that provides some service for another: a welfare agency.
- a company having a franchise to represent another.
- a governmental bureau, or an office that represents it.
- the place of business of an agent.
- an administrative division of a government.
- the duty or function of an agent.
- the relationship between a principal and his or her agent.
- the state of being in action or of exerting power; operation: the agency of Providence.
- a means of exerting power or influence; instrumentality: nominated by the agency of friends.
- agency (Thesaurus)