WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agency, federal agency, government agency, bureau, office, authority, administrative unit, administrative body
- usage: an administrative unit of government; "the Central Intelligence Agency"; "the Census Bureau"; "Office of Management and Budget"; "Tennessee Valley Authority"
- 2. agency, business, concern, business concern, business organization, business organisation
- usage: a business that serves other businesses
- 3. agency, action, activity, activeness
- usage: the state of being in action or exerting power; "the agency of providence"; "she has free agency"
- 4. representation, delegacy, agency, state
- usage: the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
- 5. means, agency, way, implementation, effectuation
- usage: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved; "a means of control"; "an example is the best agency of instruction"; "the true way to success"
All rights reserved.
See also: agency (Dictionary)