aerial: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (adj.âr'ē-ul, ā-ēr'ē-uln.âr'ē-ul), [key]
- of, in, or produced by the air: aerial currents.
- inhabiting or frequenting the air: aerial creatures.
- operating on a track or cable elevated above the ground: an aerial ski lift up the mountainside.
- reaching far into the air; high; lofty: aerial spires.
- partaking of the nature of air; airy.
- unsubstantial; visionary: aerial fancies.
- having a light and graceful beauty; ethereal: aerial music.
- growing in the air, as the adventitious roots of some trees.
- pertaining to or used for, against, or in aircraft.
- supplied or performed by means of aircraft: aerial support; aerial reconnaissance.
- a radio or television antenna.
- aerial (Thesaurus)