- 1. forward pass, aerial, pass, passing play, passing game, passing
- usage: a pass to a receiver downfield from the passer
- 2. antenna, aerial, transmitting aerial, electrical device
- usage: an electrical device that sends or receives radio or television signals
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aerial, free-flying
- usage: existing or living or growing or operating in the air; "aerial roots of a philodendron"; "aerial particles"; "small aerial creatures such as butterflies"; "aerial warfare"; "aerial photography"; "aerial cable cars"
- 2. aeriform, aerial, airy, aery, ethereal, insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal
- usage: characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; as impalpable or intangible as air; "figures light and aeriform come unlooked for and melt away"- Thomas Carlyle; "aerial fancies"; "an airy apparition"; "physical rather than ethereal forms"
All rights reserved.
See also: aerial (Dictionary)