Meaning of administration
Pronunciation: (ad-min"u-strā'shun), [key]
- the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- the function of a political state in exercising its governmental duties.
- the duty or duties of an administrator in exercising the executive functions of the position.
- the management by an administrator of such duties.
- a body of administrators, esp. in government.
- (often cap.) the executive branch of the U.S. government as headed by the President and in power during his or her term of office: The Administration has threatened to veto the new bill. The Reagan administration followed President Carter's.
- the period of service of a governmental administrator or body of governmental administrators.
- any group entrusted with executive or administrative powers: the administration of a college.
- management of a decedent's estate by an executor or administrator, or of a trust estate by a trustee.
- an act of dispensing, esp. formally: administration of the sacraments.
- supervision of the taking of an oath or the like.
- application, as of a salve or medicine.
- administration (Thesaurus)