WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. administration, disposal, management, direction
- usage: a method of tending to or managing the affairs of a some group of people (especially the group's business affairs)
- 2. administration, governance, governing body, establishment, brass, organization, organisation, body
- usage: the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
- 3. administration, giving medication, medication
- usage: the act of administering medication
- 4. presidency, presidential term, administration, tenure, term of office, incumbency
- usage: the tenure of a president; "things were quiet during the Eisenhower administration"
- 5. government, governing, governance, government activity, administration, social control
- usage: the act of governing; exercising authority; "regulations for the governing of state prisons"; "he had considerable experience of government"
- 6. administration, judicature, justice
- usage: the act of meting out justice according to the law
All rights reserved.
See also: administration (Dictionary)