Meaning of adjust
Pronunciation: (u-just'), [key]
- to change (something) so that it fits, corresponds, or conforms; adapt; accommodate: to adjust expenses to income.
- to put in good working order; regulate; bring to a proper state or position: to adjust an instrument.
- to settle or bring to a satisfactory state, so that parties are agreed in the result: to adjust our differences.
- to determine the amount to be paid in settlement of (a claim).
- to systematize.
- to correct the elevation or deflection of (a gun).
- to adapt oneself; become adapted: They had no problems in adjusting at the new school.
- adjust (Thesaurus)