WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adjust, set, correct, change, alter, modify
- usage: alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- 2. align, aline, line up, adjust, reorient
- usage: place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
- 3. adjust, conform, adapt, change
- usage: adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
- 4. adjust, adapt, accommodate
- usage: make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
- 5. adjust, decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
- usage: decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
All rights reserved.
See also: adjust (Dictionary)