activity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ak-tiv'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the state or quality of being active: There was not much activity in the stock market today. He doesn't have enough physical activity in his life.
- a specific deed, action, function, or sphere of action: social activities.
- work, esp. in elementary grades at school, that involves direct experience by the student rather than textbook study.
- energetic activity; animation; liveliness.
- a use of energy or force; an active movement or operation.
- normal mental or bodily power, function, or process.
- the capacity of a substance to react, corrected for the loss of reactivity due to the interaction of its constituents.
- the number of atoms of a radioactive substance that disintegrate per unit of time, usually expressed in curies.
- an organizational unit or the function it performs.
- activity (Thesaurus)