WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. activity, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: any specific behavior; "they avoided all recreational activity"
- 2. action, activity, activeness, state
- usage: the state of being active; "his sphere of activity"; "he is out of action"
- 3. bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity, organic process, biological process
- usage: an organic process that takes place in the body; "respiratory activity"
- 4. activity, capability, capacity
- usage: (chemistry) the capacity of a substance to take part in a chemical reaction; "catalytic activity"
- 5. natural process, natural action, action, activity, process, physical process
- usage: a process existing in or produced by nature (rather than by the intent of human beings); "the action of natural forces"; "volcanic activity"
- 6. activeness, activity, trait
- usage: the trait of being active; moving or acting rapidly and energetically; "the level of activity declines with age"
All rights reserved.
See also: activity (Dictionary)