by Kelly Ann Buchanan
|Solve our weekly interactive crossword puzzle!|
- Click "Reveal" for the answer to an individual clue
- Click "Check" to see if you've made any mistakes
- Click "Solution" to reveal all the answers
- Get help in the Crossword Puzzle Guide
- Learn the history of the crossword puzzle
|This week's theme: Winter Olympics|
1. * ___ Lake 2002 Winter Olympics - Let the Games Begin!
5. * Moves performed in #39A
11. * The muscles of a Winter Olympics athlete might be ___ the day after a competition than they were the day before a competition
13. * delS a no tropS
16. * Elimination Event at the Winter Olympics: ___ Speed Skating
18. Kind of hoop ...flipped around?
19. Brazilian city, with Paulo
20. State in the U.S.A.
21. * Soreness caused by friction (Experienced by a Skater who wears uncomfortable skates)
22. * In Ice Hockey, a Hat Trick is when a player scores ___ in a single game
28. Cummings the Poet
29. * What relay Skating teams are skilled at
31. Icky stuff
32. Explosive palindrome
33. Sort of fish
34. Q. "Was ___ Asner who portrayed Mary Tyler Moore's boss on TV?" A. "Yes."
37. Motor vehicle
39. * Sport at the Winter Olympics
45. Residue scooped from a fireplace
46. Drink, with Colada
48. A Bobbsey Twin
50. * To perform the Camel Spin, a Figure Skater must spin on ___ leg
52. * Site for the sports of Biathlon, Cross-Country and Nordic Combined during the Winter Olympics of #1A: Soldier ___
55. kereD .sM
56. * The very tight and hooded racing suits worn by Speed Skaters are designed that way in order to decrease this: Air ___
61. Movie org.
62. * What an athlete might do to keep in shape prior to the Winter Olympics
65. "sk" eht tuohtiw ,sepaC
66. * In the Winter Olympics sport of Luge, G-Force (Gravitational Force) is the thing that holds the sled and the Luge Athlete (known as a Slider) on the wall of a what?
71. * The last team member to jump into a Bobsleigh at the start of the run
73. * The last stone shot in a Curling end (an "End" is a portion of a Curling game --of which there are 10 ends played in a Curling game)
74. * What the Underdog said before his Winter Olympics event: "There ___ for me to become a medalist, and it's called giving it all I've got!"
75. * Type of Skate worn in Speed Skating: ___ Skate
1. * An athlete competing in Biathlon events who has good marksmanship should be able to do this
2. * Snowboarding trick: ___ to Fakie
4. Make-a-Word! _-A-_-O-_ (Fortune-Teller's card)
5. * molalS ___ 'seidaL :scipmylO retniW eht ta tneve eniplA
6. lammaM gniooM
7. Q. "Is ___ that is the 11th letter of the alphabet? A. "Yes."
8. Ms. Hinton (Author of "The Outsiders")
9. ...toN ___ uohT :tnemdnammoC a fo gninnigeB
10. Ms. Ward
11. Beast of Burden
12. Ballroom dance, when doubled
14. * One (of two) on a Luge sled
15. * Venue for Curling during the Winter Olympics of 2002: The Ice ___ (See #26D for a Related Clue)
17. oob-oob a ekaM
21. * Time (Measure the speed of a Winter Olympics athlete)
24. Doc's helper
25. "serP" eht tuohtiw ,gnidnatS hgiH
26. * The venue at #15D is located at ___
27. Traditional garment, with Dai
29. * Ice Hockey official, commonly
30. eman (2991) "emaG gniyrC ehT"
32. * Figure Skating maneuver
35. * Complaint made by a Competitor in the Cross-Country portion of the Nordic Combined competition: "I'm not very happy because this wax isn't the ___ normally use."
36. Mr. Wallach
38. Spielberg flick in '01
40. Dar-___-Salaam (City in Tanzania)
41. * Players in Curling wear specially designed ones
42. World's largest desert, minus the "ra"
44. What a happy dog's tail will do (bkwds.)
48. * riA ___ naidanaC :evom gnidraobwonS
49. Loathe a lot
51. Singer-Songwriter (Initials) who co-wrote "Laughter in the Rain"
53. * Said by the Winter Olympian: "My dream is to stand ___ the top spot of the podium to see my country's flag raised and hear our national anthem."
54. She (Initials) co-starred in "An American in Paris" (1951)
56. * In Curling, they are also known as "Stones" --and they are made of dense granite
57. * Said before a Winter Olympics competition: "I hope it isn't too ___ out because I really don't want to be blinded while I'm speeding down the hill to make my first big jump of the day."
58. Acquires, without the "es"
60. Jai's follower
63. Iron's follower
64. Axl Rose's gr.
66. Posh auto
67. Driver's org.
68. araveuG .rM
69. Musical direction, with Segno
70. trohs rof ,ytitnauQ
72. Per item (abbr.)
Copyright Kelly Ann Buchanan. Web page created by Crossword Compiler.