Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories: Jennifer Hudson
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. JosÃ© Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
<< Prev Next >>
- Jennifer Hudson
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Dreamgirls, 2006
- Jennifer Hudson came in seventh place on the third season of American Idol in 2004. Three years later she would take home an Oscar at the 2007 ceremony, becoming the first African-American actor (male or female) to win an Academy Award for a debut film performance. For her star turn as Effie White in 2006's Dreamgirls, Hudson would also become the first African-American actress to win an Academy Award for a musical film. Age 25 at the time, she was also the youngest actor (male or female) to win an Oscar.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Chris Carlson
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.