Minority Oscar Winners in Major Acting Categories
1. Hattie McDaniel 2. JosÃ© Ferrer 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Rita Moreno 5. Sidney Poitier 6. Sacheen Littlefeather 7. Louis Gossett, Jr. 8. Whoopi Goldberg 9. Mercedes Ruehl 10. Cuba Gooding, Jr. 11. Benicio del Toro 12. Halle Berry & Denzel Washington 13. Jamie Foxx & Morgan Freeman 14. Forest Whitaker 15. Jennifer Hudson 16. Javier Bardem 17. Penelope Cruz 18. Mo'Nique 19. Octavia Spencer 20. Lupita Nyong'o
<< Prev Next >>
- Cuba Gooding, Jr.
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Jerry Maguire, 1996
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. became the youngest African-American actor to win an Academy Award. He was 29 at the time. He has also appeared in Selma, Boyz n the Hood, A Few Good Men, and As Good as It Gets.
- Photo source: AP Photo/Reed Saxon
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.