Famous Firsts by the Beatles
The Fab Four's first concert, No. 1 hit, and more
- First album released in the UK: Please Please Me (March 22, 1963)
- First album released in the U.S.: Introducing...The Beatles (January 10, 1964). The UK version was called Please Please Me.
- First single released in the UK: "Love Me Do" (Oct. 5, 1962)
- First single released in the U.S.: "Please Please Me" (Feb. 25, 1963)
- First No. 1 single in the UK: "Please Please Me" (Feb. 22, 1963)
- First No. 1 single in the U.S.: "I Want to Hold Your Hand" (Feb. 1, 1964)
- First No. 1 album in the UK: Please Please Me (May 11, 1963)
- First No. 1 album in the U.S.: Meet the Beatles! (Feb. 15, 1964)
- First live television performance in the U.S.: The Ed Sullivan Show on Feb. 9, 1964. Some 73 million viewers tuned in.
- First album to debut at No. 1 on the UK charts: Help! (Aug. 6, 1965)
- First live performance together: Aug. 17, 1960, at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
- First live performance together in England: Jan. 6, 1961, at Litherland Town Hall, north of Liverpool.
- First live concert in the U.S.: Washington Coliseum on Feb. 11, 1964.
- First feature film: A Hard Day's Night (1964)
- The Beatles were the first band to play in a stadium. They played New York
- Did you know?
- For more than a billion Muslims around the world, Ramadan is a "month of blessing" marked by prayer, fasting, and charity.