WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ardor, ardour, elan, zeal, eagerness, avidity, avidness, keenness
- usage: a feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause); "they were imbued with a revolutionary ardor"; "he felt a kind of religious zeal"
- 2. zeal, ardor, ardour, fervor, fervour, fervency, fire, fervidness
- usage: excessive fervor to do something or accomplish some end; "he had an absolute zeal for litigation"
- 3. readiness, eagerness, zeal, forwardness, willingness
- usage: prompt willingness; "readiness to continue discussions"; "they showed no eagerness to spread the gospel"; "they disliked his zeal in demonstrating his superiority"; "he tried to explain his forwardness in battle"
All rights reserved.
See also: zeal (Dictionary)