Synonyms of ypres
- 1. Ypres, battle of Ypres, third battle of Ypres
- usage: battle in World War I (1917); an Allied offensive which eventually failed because tanks bogged down in the waterlogged soil of Flanders; Germans introduced mustard gas which interfered with the Allied artillery
- 2. Ypres, battle of Ypres, second battle of Ypres
- usage: battle in World War I (1915); Germans wanted to try chlorine (a toxic yellow gas) as a weapon and succeeded in taking considerable territory from the Allied salient
- 3. Ypres, battle of Ypres, first battle of Ypres
- usage: battle in World War I (1914); heavy but indecisive fighting as the Allies and the Germans both tried to break through the lines of the others
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of ypres (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.