Synonyms of year
- 1. year, twelvemonth, yr, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period of time containing 365 (or 366) days; "she is 4 years old"; "in the year 1920"
- 2. year, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period of time occupying a regular part of a calendar year that is used for some particular activity; "a school year"
- 3. year, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period of time that it takes for a planet (as, e.g., Earth or Mars) to make a complete revolution around the sun; "a Martian year takes 687 of our days"
- 4. class, year, gathering, assemblage
- usage: a body of students who graduate together; "the class of '97"; "she was in my year at Hoehandle High"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of year (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.