Synonyms of worried
- 1. worry
- usage: be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy; "I worry about my job"
- 2. worry, care, mind
- usage: be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"
- 3. worry, vex, perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder
- usage: disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress; "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
- 4. concern, interest, occupy, worry
- usage: be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
- 5. worry, incise
- usage: lacerate by biting; "the dog worried his bone"
- 6. worry, rub
- usage: touch or rub constantly; "The old man worried his beads"
- 1. disquieted, distressed, disturbed, upset, worried, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief; "too upset to say anything"; "spent many disquieted moments"; "distressed about her son's leaving home"; "lapsed into disturbed sleep"; "worried parents"; "a worried frown"; "one last worried check of the sleeping children"
- 2. apprehensive, worried, uneasy (vs. easy)
- usage: mentally upset over possible misfortune or danger etc; "apprehensive about her job"; "not used to a city and worried about small things"; "felt apprehensive about the consequences"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of worried (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.