Synonyms of wore
- 1. wear, have on
- usage: be dressed in; "She was wearing yellow that day"
- 2. wear, bear, have, feature
- usage: have on one's person; "He wore a red ribbon"; "bear a scar"
- 3. wear, have, feature
- usage: have in one's aspect; wear an expression of one's attitude or personality; "He always wears a smile"
- 4. wear, wear off, wear out, wear down, wear thin, deteriorate
- usage: deteriorate through use or stress; "The constant friction wore out the cloth"
- 5. wear, have, feature
- usage: have or show an appearance of; "wear one's hair in a certain way"
- 6. wear, hold out, endure, last, endure
- usage: last and be usable; "This dress wore well for almost ten years"
- 7. break, wear, wear out, bust, fall apart, decay, crumble, dilapidate
- usage: go to pieces; "The lawn mower finally broke"; "The gears wore out"; "The old chair finally fell apart completely"
- 8. tire, wear upon, tire out, wear, weary, jade, wear out, outwear, wear down, fag out, fag, fatigue, indispose
- usage: exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress; "We wore ourselves out on this hike"
- 9. wear, put on, get into, don, assume, dress, get dressed
- usage: put clothing on one's body; "What should I wear today?"; "He put on his best suit for the wedding"; "The princess donned a long blue dress"; "The queen assumed the stately robes"; "He got into his jeans"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wore (Dictionary)