Synonyms of withdrawal
- 1. withdrawal, backdown, climb-down, retraction, abjuration, recantation
- usage: a retraction of a previously held position
- 2. withdrawal, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of taking out money or other capital
- 3. withdrawal, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: the act of withdrawing; "the withdrawal of French troops from Vietnam"
- 4. withdrawal, detachment, indifference
- usage: avoiding emotional involvement
- 5. withdrawal, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of withdrawing blood, tumors, etc.; "the nurse was expert at the withdrawal of blood"
- 6. withdrawal, separation
- usage: the act of ceasing to participate in an activity
- 7. coitus interruptus, withdrawal method, withdrawal, pulling out, onanism, birth control, birth prevention, family planning
- usage: a method of birth control in which coitus is initiated but the penis is deliberately withdrawn before ejaculation
- 8. secession, withdrawal, separation
- usage: formal separation from an alliance or federation
- 9. withdrawal, drug withdrawal, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the termination of drug taking
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of withdrawal (Dictionary)