- 1. wire, ligament
- usage: ligament made of metal and used to fasten things or make cages or fences etc
- 2. wire, conducting wire, conductor
- usage: a metal conductor that carries electricity over a distance
- 3. wire, finishing line, finish line
- usage: the finishing line on a racetrack
- 4. telegram, wire, message
- usage: a message transmitted by telegraph
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. wire, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: provide with electrical circuits; "wire the addition to the house"
- 2. cable, telegraph, wire, telecommunicate
- usage: send cables, wires, or telegrams
- 3. wire, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with wire; "The columns were wired to the beams for support"
- 4. wire, string, thread, draw
- usage: string on a wire; "wire beads"
- 5. electrify, wire, adapt, accommodate
- usage: equip for use with electricity; "electrify an appliance"
All rights reserved.
See also: wire (Dictionary)