Synonyms of winnowing
- 1. winnow, winnowing, sifting, separation
- usage: the act of separating grain from chaff; "the winnowing was done by women"
- 1. winnow, fan, sift, sieve, strain
- usage: separate the chaff from by using air currents; "She stood there winnowing chaff all day in the field"
- 2. winnow, fan
- usage: blow on; "The wind was winnowing her hair"; "the wind winnowed the grass"
- 3. cull out, winnow, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select desirable parts from a group or list; "cull out the interesting letters from the poet's correspondence"; "winnow the finalists from the long list of applicants"
- 4. winnow, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: blow away or off with a current of air; "winnow chaff"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.