Synonyms of windy
- 1. blowy, breezy, windy, stormy (vs. calm)
- usage: abounding in or exposed to the wind or breezes; "blowy weather"; "a windy bluff"
- 2. airy, impractical, visionary, Laputan, windy, utopian (vs. dystopian)
- usage: not practical or realizable; speculative; "airy theories about socioeconomic improvement"; "visionary schemes for getting rich"
- 3. windy, fast (vs. slow)
- usage: resembling the wind in speed, force, or variability; "a windy dash home"
- 4. long-winded, tedious, verbose, windy, wordy, prolix (vs. concise)
- usage: using or containing too many words; "long-winded (or windy) speakers"; "verbose and ineffective instructional methods"; "newspapers of the day printed long wordy editorials"; "proceedings were delayed by wordy disputes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of windy (Dictionary)