Synonyms of whitewashed
- 1. whitewash, gloss over, sleek over, hush up, cover, cover up
- usage: cover up a misdemeanor, fault, or error; "Let's not whitewash the crimes of Stalin"; "She tried to gloss over her mistakes"
- 2. whitewash, wash
- usage: cover with whitewash; "whitewash walls"
- 3. whitewash, acquit, assoil, clear, discharge, exonerate, exculpate
- usage: exonerate by means of a perfunctory investigation or through biased presentation of data
- 1. whitewashed, painted (vs. unpainted)
- usage: coated with whitewash; "miles of whitewashed fences"
All rights reserved.