WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. white, whiteness, achromatic color, achromatic colour
- usage: the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
- 2. purity, pureness, sinlessness, innocence, whiteness, condition, status
- usage: the state of being unsullied by sin or moral wrong; lacking a knowledge of evil
- 3. whiteness, complexion, skin color, skin colour
- usage: lightness or fairness of complexion; "only the whiteness of her cheeks gave any indication of the stress from which she was suffering"
All rights reserved.
See also: whiteness (Dictionary)