WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Whig, Englishman, liberal, liberalist, progressive
- usage: a member of the political party that urged social reform in 18th and 19th century England; was the opposition party to the Tories
- 2. Whig, supporter, protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend
- usage: a supporter of the American Revolution
- 3. Whig, politician, politico, pol, political leader
- usage: a member of the Whig Party that existed in the United States before the American Civil War
All rights reserved.
See also: whig (Dictionary)