- 1. West, Occident
- usage: the countries of (originally) Europe and (now including) North America and South America
- 2. west, due west, westward, W, cardinal compass point
- usage: the cardinal compass point that is a 270 degrees
- 3. West, western United States
- usage: the region of the United States lying to the west of the Mississippi River
- 4. west, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the westward cardinal compass point
- 5. West, Rebecca West, Dame Rebecca West, Cicily Isabel Fairfield
- usage: British writer (born in Ireland) (1892-1983)
- 6. West, Mae West
- usage: United States film actress (1892-1980)
- 7. West, Benjamin West
- usage: English painter (born in America) who became the second president of the Royal Academy (1738-1820)
- 8. west, location
- usage: a location in the western part of a country, region, or city
- 1. west (vs. east), westbound, westerly, westward, western, westerly, western, westernmost, westmost, westside
- usage: situated in or facing or moving toward the west
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. west
- usage: to, toward, or in the west; "we moved west to Arizona"; "situated west of Boston"
All rights reserved.
See also: west (Dictionary)