WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. welterweight, weight unit, weight
- usage: a weight of 28 pounds; sometimes imposed as a handicap in a horse race (such as a steeplechase)
- 2. welterweight, boxer, pugilist
- usage: an amateur boxer who weighs no more than 148 pounds
- 3. welterweight, wrestler, grappler, matman
- usage: a wrestler who weighs 154-172 pounds
- 4. welterweight, prizefighter, gladiator
- usage: a professional boxer who weighs between 141 and 147 pounds
All rights reserved.
See also: welterweight (Dictionary)