Synonyms of weighty
- 1. weighty (vs. weightless)
- usage: having relatively great weight; heavy; "a weighty load"; "a weighty package"
- 2. cogent, telling, weighty, persuasive (vs. dissuasive)
- usage: powerfully persuasive; "a cogent argument"; "a telling presentation"; "a weighty argument"
- 3. grave, grievous, heavy, weighty, important (vs. unimportant), of import
- usage: of great gravity or crucial import; requiring serious thought; "grave responsibilities"; "faced a grave decision in a time of crisis"; "a grievous fault"; "heavy matters of state"; "the weighty matters to be discussed at the peace conference"
- 4. weighty, heavy (vs. light)
- usage: weighing heavily on the spirit; causing anxiety or worry; "weighty problems"
- 5. corpulent, obese, weighty, rotund, fat (vs. thin)
- usage: excessively fat; "a weighty man"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of weighty (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.