- 1. weight, physical property
- usage: the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
- 2. weight, free weight, exercising weight, sports equipment
- usage: sports equipment used in calisthenic exercises and weightlifting; it is not attached to anything and is raised and lowered by use of the hands and arms
- 3. weight, weightiness, importance
- usage: the relative importance granted to something; "his opinion carries great weight"; "the progression implied an increasing weightiness of the items listed"
- 4. weight, artifact, artefact
- usage: an artifact that is heavy
- 5. weight, oppression, oppressiveness
- usage: an oppressive feeling of heavy force; "bowed down by the weight of responsibility"
- 6. system of weights, weight, system of measurement, metric
- usage: a system of units used to express the weight of something
- 7. weight unit, weight, unit of measurement, unit
- usage: a unit used to measure weight; "he placed two weights in the scale pan"
- 8. weight, weighting, coefficient
- usage: (statistics) a coefficient assigned to elements of a frequency distribution in order to represent their relative importance
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. burden, burthen, weight, weight down, charge
- usage: weight down with a load
- 2. slant, angle, weight, bias, predetermine
- usage: present with a bias; "He biased his presentation so as to please the share holders"
All rights reserved.
See also: weight (Dictionary)