- 1. crying, weeping, tears, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: the process of shedding tears (usually accompanied by sobs or other inarticulate sounds); "I hate to hear the crying of a child"; "she was in tears"
- 1. cry, weep, express emotion, express feelings
- usage: shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain; "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"; "The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dolorous, dolourous, lachrymose, tearful, weeping, sorrowful (vs. joyful)
- usage: showing sorrow
- 2. cernuous, drooping, nodding, pendulous, weeping, unerect (vs. erect)
- usage: having branches or flower heads that bend downward; "nodding daffodils"; "the pendulous branches of a weeping willow"; "lilacs with drooping panicles of fragrant flowers"
All rights reserved.
See also: weeping (Dictionary)