Synonyms of weaning
- 1. weaning, ablactation, substitution, exchange, commutation
- usage: the act of substituting other food for the mother's milk in the diet of a child or young mammal
- 1. wean, ablactate, deprive
- usage: gradually deprive (infants and young mammals) of mother's milk; "she weaned her baby when he was 3 months old and started him on powdered milk"; "The kitten was weaned and fed by its owner with a bottle"
- 2. wean, estrange, alienate, alien, disaffect
- usage: detach the affections of
All rights reserved.