Synonyms of waxing
- 1. waxing, application, coating, covering
- usage: the application of wax to a surface
- 2. waxing, increase
- usage: a gradual increase in magnitude or extent; "the waxing of the moon"
- 1. wax, cover
- usage: cover with wax; "wax the car"
- 2. wax, mount, climb, rise, increase
- usage: go up or advance; "Sales were climbing after prices were lowered"
- 3. wax, full, increase
- usage: increase in phase; "the moon is waxing"
- 1. waxing (vs. waning)
- usage: (of the moon) pertaining to the period during which the visible surface of the moon increases; "the waxing moon passes from new to full"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of waxing (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.