Synonyms of wavering
- 1. hesitation, vacillation, wavering, indecision, indecisiveness, irresolution
- usage: indecision in speech or action
- 2. fluctuation, wavering, irregularity, unregularity
- usage: the quality of being unsteady and subject to changes; "he kept a record of price fluctuations"
- 1. hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness; "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures"
- 2. falter, waver, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: be unsure or weak; "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
- 3. falter, waver, move
- usage: move hesitatingly, as if about to give way
- 4. fluctuate, vacillate, waver, swing
- usage: move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern; "the line on the monitor vacillated"
- 5. flicker, waver, flitter, flutter, quiver, move back and forth
- usage: move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
- 6. waver, weave, swing, sway
- usage: sway to and fro
- 7. quaver, waver, voice, sound, vocalize, vocalise
- usage: give off unsteady sounds, alternating in amplitude or frequency
- 1. vacillant, vacillating, wavering, irresolute (vs. resolute)
- usage: uncertain in purpose or action
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.