- 1. waver, communicator
- usage: someone who communicates by waving
- 2. hesitation, waver, falter, faltering, pause
- usage: the act of pausing uncertainly; "there was a hesitation in his speech"
- 3. waver, flutter, flicker, motion, movement, move, motility
- usage: the act of moving back and forth
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: pause or hold back in uncertainty or unwillingness; "Authorities hesitate to quote exact figures"
- 2. falter, waver, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: be unsure or weak; "Their enthusiasm is faltering"
- 3. falter, waver, move
- usage: move hesitatingly, as if about to give way
- 4. fluctuate, vacillate, waver, swing
- usage: move or sway in a rising and falling or wavelike pattern; "the line on the monitor vacillated"
- 5. flicker, waver, flitter, flutter, quiver, move back and forth
- usage: move back and forth very rapidly; "the candle flickered"
- 6. waver, weave, swing, sway
- usage: sway to and fro
- 7. quaver, waver, voice, sound, vocalize, vocalise
- usage: give off unsteady sounds, alternating in amplitude or frequency
All rights reserved.
See also: waver (Dictionary)