WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. watershed, water parting, divide, line
- usage: a ridge of land that separates two adjacent river systems
- 2. river basin, basin, watershed, drainage basin, catchment area, catchment basin, drainage area, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; an area characterized by all runoff being conveyed to the same outlet; "flood control in the Missouri basin"
- 3. landmark, turning point, watershed, juncture, occasion
- usage: an event marking a unique or important historical change of course or one on which important developments depend; "the agreement was a watershed in the history of both nations"
All rights reserved.
See also: watershed (Dictionary)