Synonyms of wasting
- 1. cachexia, cachexy, wasting, infirmity, frailty, debility, feebleness, frailness, valetudinarianism
- usage: any general reduction in vitality and strength of body and mind resulting from a debilitating chronic disease
- 2. atrophy, wasting, wasting away, symptom
- usage: a decrease in size of an organ caused by disease or disuse
- 1. waste, blow, squander, use, expend
- usage: spend thoughtlessly; throw away; "He wasted his inheritance on his insincere friends"; "You squandered the opportunity to get and advanced degree"
- 2. waste, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: use inefficiently or inappropriately; "waste heat"; "waste a joke on an unappreciative audience"
- 3. waste, discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- usage: get rid of; "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
- 4. waste, run off, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
- 5. neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, waste, knock off, do in, kill
- usage: get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
- 6. consume, squander, waste, ware, spend, expend, drop
- usage: spend extravagantly; "waste not, want not"
- 7. pine away, waste, languish, weaken
- usage: lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief; "After her husband died, she just pined away"
- 8. waste, emaciate, macerate, enfeeble, debilitate, drain
- usage: cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
- 9. lay waste to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge, destroy, ruin
- usage: cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
- 10. waste, rot, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wasting (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.