Synonyms of wasted
- 1. waste, blow, squander, use, expend
- usage: spend thoughtlessly; throw away; "He wasted his inheritance on his insincere friends"; "You squandered the opportunity to get and advanced degree"
- 2. waste, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: use inefficiently or inappropriately; "waste heat"; "waste a joke on an unappreciative audience"
- 3. waste, discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- usage: get rid of; "We waste the dirty water by channeling it into the sewer"
- 4. waste, run off, run, flow, feed, course
- usage: run off as waste; "The water wastes back into the ocean"
- 5. neutralize, neutralise, liquidate, waste, knock off, do in, kill
- usage: get rid of (someone who may be a threat) by killing; "The mafia liquidated the informer"; "the double agent was neutralized"
- 6. consume, squander, waste, ware, spend, expend, drop
- usage: spend extravagantly; "waste not, want not"
- 7. pine away, waste, languish, weaken
- usage: lose vigor, health, or flesh, as through grief; "After her husband died, she just pined away"
- 8. waste, emaciate, macerate, enfeeble, debilitate, drain
- usage: cause to grow thin or weak; "The treatment emaciated him"
- 9. lay waste to, waste, devastate, desolate, ravage, scourge, destroy, ruin
- usage: cause extensive destruction or ruin utterly; "The enemy lay waste to the countryside after the invasion"
- 10. waste, rot, devolve, deteriorate, drop, degenerate
- usage: become physically weaker; "Political prisoners are wasting away in many prisons all over the world"
- 1. otiose, pointless, purposeless, senseless, superfluous, wasted, worthless (vs. valuable)
- usage: serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being; "otiose lines in a play"; "advice is wasted words"; "a pointless remark"; "a life essentially purposeless"; "senseless violence"
- 2. squandered, wasted, lost (vs. found)
- usage: not used to good advantage; "squandered money cannot be replaced"; "a wasted effort"
- 3. atrophied (vs. hypertrophied), wasted, diminished
- usage: (of an organ or body part) diminished in size or strength as a result of disease or injury or lack of use; "partial paralysis resulted in an atrophied left arm"
- 4. bony, cadaverous, emaciated, gaunt, haggard, pinched, skeletal, wasted, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold; "emaciated bony hands"; "a nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys"; "eyes were haggard and cavernous"; "small pinched faces"; "kept life in his wasted frame only by grim concentration"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wasted (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.