WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. washout, groove, channel
- usage: the channel or break produced by erosion of relatively soft soil by water; "it was several days after the storm before they could repair the washout and open the road"
- 2. washout, wash, soil erosion
- usage: the erosive process of washing away soil or gravel by water (as from a roadway); "from the house they watched the washout of their newly seeded lawn by the water"
- 3. flop, dud, washout, failure, loser, nonstarter, unsuccessful person
- usage: someone who is unsuccessful
All rights reserved.
See also: washout (Dictionary)