WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. warn, inform
- usage: notify of danger, potential harm, or risk; "The director warned him that he might be fired"; "The doctor warned me about the dangers of smoking"
- 2. warn, discourage, admonish, monish, rede, advise, counsel
- usage: admonish or counsel in terms of someone's behavior; "I warned him not to go too far"; "I warn you against false assumptions"; "She warned him to be quiet"
- 3. warn, order, tell, enjoin, say
- usage: ask to go away; "The old man warned the children off his property"
- 4. warn, inform
- usage: notify, usually in advance; "I warned you that I would ask some difficult questions"
All rights reserved.
See also: warn (Dictionary)