Synonyms of warm up
- 1. warm-up, tune-up, prolusion, preparation, readying
- usage: exercising in preparation for strenuous activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. warm up, operate, run
- usage: run until the normal working temperature is reached; "We warmed up the car for a few minutes"
- 2. warm up, change
- usage: become more friendly or open; "She warmed up after we had lunch together"
- 3. warm, warm up, change
- usage: get warm or warmer; "The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
- 4. warm up, exercise, work, work out, work, put to work
- usage: cause to do preliminary exercises so as to stretch the muscles; "The coach warmed up the players before the game"
- 5. limber up, warm up, loosen up, exercise, work out
- usage: make one's body limber or suppler by stretching, as if to prepare for strenuous physical activity
All rights reserved.