Synonyms of waking
- 1. waking, consciousness
- usage: the state of remaining awake; "days of danger and nights of waking"
- 1. wake
- usage: be awake, be alert, be there
- 2. wake up, awake, arouse, awaken, wake, come alive, waken, change state, turn
- usage: stop sleeping; "She woke up to the sound of the alarm clock"
- 3. inflame, stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: arouse or excite feelings and passions; "The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"; "The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"; "Wake old feelings of hatred"
- 4. wake, alarm, alert
- usage: make aware of; "His words woke us to terrible facts of the situation"
- 5. awaken, wake, waken, rouse, wake up, arouse, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become awake or conscious; "He was roused by the drunken men in the street"; "Please wake me at 6 AM."
- 1. waking, wakeful, awake(predicate) (vs. asleep)
- usage: marked by full consciousness or alertness; "worked every moment of my waking hours"
All rights reserved.