- 1. wad, material, stuff
- usage: a small mass of soft material; "he used a wad of cotton to wipe the counter"
- 2. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 3. chew, chaw, cud, quid, plug, wad, morsel, bit, bite
- usage: a wad of something chewable as tobacco
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pack, bundle, wad, compact, arrange, set up
- usage: compress into a wad; "wad paper into the box"
- 2. jam, jampack, ram, chock up, cram, wad, stuff
- usage: crowd or pack to capacity; "the theater was jampacked"
All rights reserved.
See also: wad (Dictionary)