WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. vibrate, move
- usage: shake, quiver, or throb; move back and forth rapidly, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- 2. oscillate, vibrate, swing, sway
- usage: move or swing from side to side regularly; "the needle on the meter was oscillating"
- 3. hover, vibrate, vacillate, oscillate, hesitate, waver, waffle
- usage: be undecided about something; waver between conflicting positions or courses of action; "He oscillates between accepting the new position and retirement"
- 4. resonate, vibrate, sound, go
- usage: sound with resonance; "The sound resonates well in this theater"
- 5. thrill, tickle, vibrate, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: feel sudden intense sensation or emotion; "he was thrilled by the speed and the roar of the engine"
All rights reserved.
See also: vibrate (Dictionary)